If you’re in the process of setting up a hair and beauty business, then perhaps you’ve already got everything you need. If you’re not sure of what you need, or what your clients will expect, then here’s what you need.
1. You’ll need hairdressing chairs for your salon. They’ll need to be the right style and colours fro your customers, and be easy for your staff and customers to use.
2. You’ll need plenty of wash basins so that your customers can have their hair washed before you cut and style it. You might want a separate area for this, or you might use basins that attach to the back of your chairs.
3. Don’t forget that you’ll need suitable and inviting reception furniture, so that if your customers wait, they can sit in comfort. You won’t want a worn out sofa to be the first impression you give to your customers.
4. You’ll want to have a good reception desk so that your receptionist can be effective and efficient and make sure that your customer have everything they need, and that it’s easy to make appointments.
5. Plenty of storage will be vital so that you can keep clean towels and other hair products close to hand. You might also want to be able to sell your hair products and other additional extras, so you’ll need to have somewhere to display them.
6. Hood dryers will be important so that your customers can have their hair dried away from the main styling area.
7. Trolleys for staff are a good idea, so that your staff can use any workstation, and have everything they need. This also means that here won’t be any scissors or other hairdressing equipment lying around.
8. A treatment couch needs to be adjustable and comfortable, so that your customers can fully relax whilst they experience one of your beauty treatment sessions. There are many different sorts to choose from, so might want to try a few out first before deciding.
9. A nail station will be important if you’re offering manicures. There will need to be plenty of light, and storage for nail files, polishes and hand creams. Pedicure equipment